1001Tracklists has just released the 2018 report for dance music called ‘A State of Dance Music’ which sums up all the data regarding the electronic dance music scene in 2018.
Last year was one of the weariest years for the electronic dance music industry. The return of Swedish House Mafia, the passing away of Avicii, the incredible numbers of EDM festivals and more. 1001Tracklists, the most important site regarding the dance industry, have summed up all the 2018 data they’ve collected over the months (you can find the full report at the end of this article).
Over 36,000 tracklists were uploaded in 2018, 20% more than 2017 and almost 100 sets every day!
A State Of Dance Music 2018 is a report that aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the tracks and sets that defined 2018! Diving deeper into the numbers and sharing with never before seen insights, we compiled a series of charts and rankings that visualize achievements across all genres. As always, all of our rankings are completely objective and data-driven.
A State of Dance Music 2018
According to the report, the top 2018 music style was House (18%) rapidly followed by Progressive (16%), Trance (14%) and Electro (13%). Unfortunately, we have no data from 2017 to compare but, it’s interesting to see how house music is firmly in the head. Thanks to the Swedish House Mafia reunion, we’ve seen the progressive house coming back; this return is clearly described by the data.
Moving on the Most Played Track, of course, at the first spot we can find Fisher with his ‘Losing It’. Camelpaht occupies the second and the third spot with ‘Panic Room’ and the ‘Right Here, Right Now’ remix.
Also due to its retire from DJing, Hardwell’ performances at Ultra and Tomorrowland were the 1st and 3rd most viewed tracklist. Swedish House Mafia reunion one is at the 4th positions. On the underground side, Solomun takes posses of the chart with all the fourth positions.
The report continues with the most popular tracks sorted by genres, most popular festivals, most popular 2018 tracks and even more. We report below the “Top Tribal / Groove Tracks” charts.
Top Tribal / Groove Tracks
The below list indicates the top Tribal/Groove tracks from the Top 200.
1. Kryder ft. Steve Angello – Romani
2. Basement Jaxx – Bingo Bango (Tom Staar & Kryder Remix)
3. Leandro Da Silva – Yemanjá
4. CamelPhat & Elderbrook – Cola (Tom Staar Bootleg)
5. Kryder & Cato Anaya – La Cumbiambera
6. Drop Department & SuitStatic – Bucovina
7. Leandro Da Silva – So Crazy
8. Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano vs. Marc Volt – In My Mind
9. Daddy’s Groove & Ferdy – Latido
10. David Guetta & Sia – Flames (Leandro Da Silva Remix)
11. DJ Snake – Magenta Riddim (Lumberjack Remix)
12. Wlady & T.N.Y. & Richard Grey – In The Club (Gary Caos Edit Mix)
13. Leandro Da Silva – Samba De Janeiro
14. The Cube Guys & Provenzano – Babele
15. Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano & Thomas Newson – I’ll House You